Experienced RF Technician/Installer
McIntosh Communications is an established and diverse wireless communications company, providing powerful communications solutions to businesses, public safety, and government throughout Southern Nevada and Northern Utah.
We have an immediate opening at our Las Vegas and Salt Lake City offices for an experienced RF technician/installer who would be responsible for the installation, alignment, maintenance and troubleshooting of two-way radio and microwave equipment for customers and fixed sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain VHF/UHF/900Mhz/Digital two-way radios, microwave, consoles and other RF related equipment
- Determine the methodology for installing radio systems, the appropriateness of moderate equipment changes or modifications, RF transmit and receive systems, and antennas
- Troubleshoot/bench test and repair equipment down to the board level
- Travel to customer locations and fixed site locations to install, repair and troubleshoot equipment
- Programming and installation of mobile two-way radios into commercial and public safety vehicles
- Prepare, complete and maintain appropriate job tickets, warranty forms and reports in a accurate and timely manner.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skill Sets, Experience, etc.):
- Understanding basic electronics to the component level
- Have the ability to read and understand schematics, board layouts, and other technical diagrams
- Proficient in the use of a communications analyzer, electrical circuit trouble-shooting and operation of test equipment
- 3-7 years related experience with RF Theory, Radio and/or Microwave communications equipment
- Knowledge of Motorola Trunked Radio Systems is a plus
- Knowledge of Fiber Optic technology is a plus
- Experience with Motorola communication equipment and Public Safety markets is a plus
- Associates degree or equivalent in electronics is desired.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevated heights and on roof tops.
- Advanced knowledge of DOS and Windows OS is required.
CET certification and/or FCC license is a plus. Electronics/Applied Electronics background desired.
McIntosh Communications offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package.
Please send your resume to
Communications Account Executive
McIntosh Communications has been in business for over 22 years and represents multiple industrial product lines in the communications field:
Motorola, Vertex Standard, Avaya, etc. Sales, service, engineering, dispatch centers, PBX telephone systems, 911 Emergency centers, wireless broadband, WIFI, Advanced Data Capture, Public Safety, State and Local and Federal government. All industrial communications applications, short and long term rentals and FCC licensing. We specialize in clients large enough to own their own communication systems. Income commensurate with educational level, experience and perceived potential.
Two positions available in each location, Las Vegas and Salt Lake City.
Apply in person in Las Vegas at 4640 S. Arville, Suite E, Las Vegas 89103 and in Salt Lake City at 2698 S. Redwood Rd., Suite A, Salt Lake City, 84119 or send resume to Patty at